Mini dental implants to replace missing teeth in Montville, NJ
Tooth loss, whether due to disease or injury, can have an impact on both your oral health and your self-confidence. At Ferrari Dental in Montville, NJ, we are committed to offering our patients the latest dental care options to restore the function and appearance of their smile, including mini dental implants.
What is a mini implant?
Mini implants are one of the many revolutionary ways we can replace missing teeth for a natural look and feel. These dental restorations work similarly to traditional implants, but have a few key differences:
- As their name implies, mini implants are smaller than traditional implants
- They require less jawbone to fuse with
- Mini implants are composed of just one piece instead of two
- They are placed in one day instead of multiple visits
Benefits of mini dental implants
Mini dental implants can be a great choice for many patients who need to replace one or more teeth.
- Less invasive: compared to traditional implants, the procedure for mini implants is less invasive and has a shorter recovery time – rather than healing for months, recovery just takes a matter of days in many cases, and there is a reduced chance of complications
- Faster results: rather than waiting for three to six months for a traditional implant to heal before your new tooth is placed, mini implants can be finished with a prosthetic tooth on the same day that they are placed
- Can be used in cases of jawbone deterioration: if the volume or density of your jawbone is insufficient to support a traditional implant, a mini implant can be used instead without the need for bone grafting
- Natural-looking and long-lasting: the result with a mini implant is a tooth that looks, feels, and functions just like a natural tooth; besides, with good home care and regular dental visits, your implant can last a lifetime.
In some cases, a traditional implant may be a better choice, or you may consider an option such as All-on-4® dental implants if you need a full arch of teeth replaced. Dr. Ferrari will perform an in-depth evaluation and talk with you about your treatment preferences and desired results to help you determine the best choice for your specific situation.
To schedule a consultation and learn more about whether mini dental implants are right for you, call Ferrari Dental today at (973) 314-8850. We proudly serve patients in the Montville, Lincoln Park, Kinnelon, Parsippany, and surrounding communities.