Montville, NJ, dentist helps patients improve crooked teeth with porcelain veneers
Your smile is an important part of your appearance and your overall self-confidence. That is why patients who have crooked or misaligned teeth often look for ways to improve their smile. Dr. Jon Ferrari of Ferrari Dental in Montville, NJ, has helped countless patients straighten their smile and restore their confidence.
Most patients believe that the only way to improve teeth misalignment is with orthodontic treatment. However, there is another option with porcelain dental veneers.
About dental veneers
Dental veneers are very fine pieces of porcelain that are bonded to the teeth to cosmetically improve the appearance of your smile. Veneers can be used on a single tooth, several teeth, or across all of your visible teeth. The porcelain veneers are custom-made for each patient, which allows the dental team to control the shade, ensuring a natural appearance. Veneers can be used to cover minor misalignment, to brighten a darkened smile, or to provide additional support to a weak or damaged tooth.
Advantages of dental veneers
Porcelain dental veneers have several advantages over other cosmetic treatments:
- Speed: Orthodontic treatment typically takes more than a year to achieve the desired results as the teeth are slowly shifted into their proper position. Dental veneers can be applied in as little as two dental visits in a matter of weeks.
- Protects dental health: Dental veneers are thin and do not require significant shaping to the tooth and surrounding teeth the way that crowns and bridges do. This keeps the surrounding teeth intact and stronger, which decreases the potential for problems later. Additionally, porcelain is generally well-tolerated and comfortable for most patients.
- Strength: Porcelain veneers are strong and durable. While they are thin, they add support to your natural teeth. Patients can eat their favorite foods, speak clearly, and smile confidently knowing the veneers are securely in place.
- Custom results: Because the veneers are created uniquely for each patient, the veneers will blend well with your natural teeth. Family and friends will not be able to distinguish your veneers from your natural teeth.
Caring for your dental veneers
With the right care, porcelain veneers can last for many years. However, there are things that patients with dental veneers will need to consider to keep their dental veneers in great shape.
- Just like natural teeth, dental veneers require daily brushing and flossing. This keeps the tooth healthy and ensures that the veneer remains free from food particles.
- Veneers can be damaged if patients bite into hard objects, such as sourdough pretzels, ice, or pens, or if they use their teeth to open packages. Patients should also take care to avoid grinding their teeth.
- While porcelain will not stain, patients should remember that teeth that have not had a veneer placed are still susceptible to discoloration and should take care to avoid dark foods and beverages
- Regular dental visits give the dentist the ability to check the restoration and make sure that the bonding is tight and that the veneer is not cracked or chipped. If a small problem is found, it is easy for the dentist to address it quickly.
For more information about dental veneers, call Ferrari Dental at (973) 314-8850 today.
Share this Article:
Back to Porcelain Veneers Page