Tooth loss is no laughing matter. It’s especially not a laughing matter when laughter might cause your loose-fitting dentures to pop out unexpectedly! For the 36 million Americans with no remaining teeth, dentures can improve their ability to eat and speak. However, the potential stress or embarrassment that comes with ill-fitting, loose dentures was a problem that, for many years, had no answer. Today, denture stabilization is possible thanks to an innovative dental technology: mini dental implants.
Why Denture Stabilization Matters
Imagine wearing a pair of pants that are a few sizes too big. They work for a while, but you’re constantly pulling them up to avoid tripping or worrying about them falling down when you least expect it. Traditional dentures are similar. They loosen over time, leading them to slip and slide at the most inopportune moments. Denture stabilization allows you to laugh, bite, and speak without the constant threat of embarrassment.
Denture Stabilization Options
Dentures are not a “one size fits all” solution. We offer multiple options depending on your specific needs and goals. At your consultation, Dr. Ferrari will help you select the option that is best for you.
These options have existed for many years, but they can create issues due to their changing fit and instability over time.
- Full dentures: Also called “complete dentures,” this conventional option replaces all your teeth on your upper or lower arch. These removable dentures rest on top of your gums.
- Partial dentures: These bridge the gaps when only some teeth are missing, using metal wire to attach to gums and the remaining teeth for support.
Mini Implant Dentures
- Implant overdentures: Also called “snap-on” or “implant-retained” dentures, these are essentially full dentures that are secured by 4-8 implants. Although they are removable at home, they are more long-lasting thanks to the stability provided by the titanium implants. In some cases, Dr. Ferrari can retrofit your existing dentures, allowing them to snap onto the mini implants.
- Roundhouse bridges: Like dentures, roundhouse bridges replace an entire set of teeth. They come in two varieties:
- Semi-removable: Made from durable Zirconia, these bridges are removable only by Dr. Ferrari for professional cleaning. This Fix-on-Six® technique relies on 6-10 mini implants to firmly anchor the bridge.
- Non-removable: These cemented zirconia bridges are the most secure option, as they permanently attach to 10-12 implants. This structure provides the highest level of security and functionality, performing just like natural teeth.
Mini Implant Dentures: The Innovative Solution
While traditional dentures have been a longstanding solution, they are not without their disadvantages. Full dentures need to continuously be adjusted to account for the changing shape of your mouth, and with easy removability comes the danger of damage, loss, and embarrassment if they come out at the wrong time. In addition, traditional dentures do not stimulate the jawbone, so wearers will experience bone and tissue loss over time.
The mini implants that hold these dentures in place measure less than 3 mm wide—roughly the size of a toothpick—and their sleek, one-piece design means they can usually be placed in just one visit. It’s clear why mini dental implants are gaining popularity around the world thanks to their many benefits:
- Minimally invasive: Because of the small size of the implants and the efficiency of the procedure, Dr. Ferrari can place mini implants in just one appointment, and the tiny hole made to insert them means no complicated aftercare.
- Immediate results: With mini implant dentures, you can enjoy rapid results as Dr. Ferrari can mount a restoration immediately after installing the implants.
- Quick recovery: Thanks to their small size and streamlined procedure, most patients typically recover within 24-48 hours.
- Enhanced comfort: Mini implant dentures provide a secure and comfortable fit without the slipping and sliding that comes with traditional dentures.
- Durability: The powerful titanium used in mini implants fuses with the jawbone, providing unparalleled support for dentures.
- Preservation of jawbone health: Because they are prosthetic tooth roots, implants are the only tooth replacement option that stimulates the jawbone to help maintain bone and tissue density over time.
Financing Your Denture Stabilization
The transformative process of getting mini implant dentures will change your life in so many ways—don’t let financial worries hold you back from taking that next step. Our team at Ferrari Dental will help you understand your dental insurance plan to ensure you get the most out of your coverage. And if you don’t have insurance, we offer an in-office savings program to help you save on most dental procedures. We also work with multiple financial partners to offer payment plans that fit within your budget. We’re here to help you find a path to secure dentures that are easy on your wallet.
Your Transformation Starts Today
Think of all the ways a strong, secure denture solution will change your life. No more worrying about embarrassing mishaps, loss or damage, or staying away from your favorite foods. A denture stabilization procedure with mini implant dentures will allow you to live life to the fullest with the confidence you remember.
At Ferrari Dental, Dr. Ferrari and his expert team will walk you through all the options, help you find a payment structure that works, and ensure you’re comfortable with the procedure from beginning to end. So what’s holding you back? Call us today to schedule your free consultation and take the first step toward a more secure smile.