Are you struggling with the challenges of missing teeth, feeling hesitant to speak, or just not feeling like yourself because of the gaps in your smile? Do you wish you could eat your favorite foods again and not feel self-conscious in social situations? If so, you’re not alone. Dental situations like these affect millions of Americans, and the issue of tooth loss gets worse as we get older. Fortunately, at Ferrari Dental, we specialize in an innovative dental implant solution that can truly transform your life: mini implant dentures.
The Road to Mini Implant Dentures: Types of Tooth Replacement
Dentures and dental implants are versatile tooth replacement options designed to address various tooth loss scenarios. Whether you’re missing many teeth or all your teeth, dentures and dental implants can provide excellent solutions for restoring your bite and your confidence.
These are the tried-and-true choices that have been around for years. While they are an effective option for tooth replacement, they need to be adjusted or replaced as the shape of your mouth changes.
- Full dentures: Also known as complete dentures, these are designed to replace an entire set of upper or lower natural teeth. They consist of a natural-looking base that sits on top of your gums and the prosthetic teeth, which are typically made of porcelain or acrylic. Depending on care and maintenance measures, their lifespan can range from 5 to 10 years.
- Partial dentures: These are used when you have some remaining natural teeth in your upper or lower jaw. The acrylic teeth attach to your natural teeth with metal or acrylic clasps, filling in the gaps. Depending on the materials used, they can last up to 15 years.
Mini Implant Dentures
The following implant denture options all use innovative mini dental implants to secure the dentures directly to your jawline, and have a longer lifespan than their traditional counterparts. They are, in order of increasing stability:
- Overdentures: Sometimes called “snap-on” or “implant-retained” dentures, these are complete dentures retained by 4-8 mini dental implants. These implants are long-lasting thanks to the strong titanium material they’re made from and their ability to fuse with the existing jawbone. This fusion with the bone creates a sturdy anchor and a long-lasting solution and helps prevent bone loss. In certain cases, your existing dentures can be converted to implant-retained overdentures.
- Semi-removable roundhouse bridge: This option uses 6-10 mini implants to secure an entire arch of artificial teeth to the upper or lower jawbone. Made of durable zirconia, it can only be removed by Dr. Ferrari for a professional cleaning. We often call this system a “Fix-on-Six” solution, which is an update to the “All-on-Four” option that uses bulky traditional implants.
- Non-removable roundhouse bridge: The most secure option, this full-arch zirconia bridge is cemented onto 10-12 implants and provides incredible stability and functionality. This restoration performs just like your natural teeth, allowing you to eat all of your favorite foods, speak confidently, and flash a beautiful smile.
Mini Implant Dentures: An Innovative Solution
Traditional dentures have been around for a long time, but they come with significant drawbacks. The dentures need to be constantly adjusted to fit properly, and frequent removal comes with the danger of loss, damage, and embarrassment. Traditional dentures also do not stimulate the jawbone, resulting in bone and tissue loss over time. However, mini implant dentures resolve these issues and boast added benefits.
The mini implants that hold these teeth in place offer a revolutionary approach. They measure less than 3 mm wide—roughly the size of a toothpick—and their sleek and streamlined design means they can often be placed in just one appointment. It’s no surprise that mini dental implants are gaining popularity around the world due to their many benefits:
- Minimally invasive: Because of the small size of the implants and the efficiency of the procedure, we can place mini implants in just one visit. This is a huge advantage over conventional implants.
- Immediate results: With mini implant dentures, you can enjoy instant results as we can mount a restoration immediately after implant placement.
- Quick recovery: Thanks to their small size and minimally invasive procedure, patients typically recover from the procedure in just 24-48 hours.
- Enhanced comfort: Mini implant dentures provide a secure and comfortable fit, eliminating the slipping and sliding associated with traditional dentures.
- Durability: The durable titanium used in mini implants fuses with the jawbone, providing unparalleled support for dentures.
- Preservation of jawbone health: Because they are prosthetic tooth roots, mini implants are the only tooth replacement option that helps maintain the health of your jawbone and surrounding tissue.
Financial Options for Your Mini Implant Dentures
Getting mini implant dentures can transform your life in so many ways—don’t let financial worries hold you back from taking the first step. We know how insurance companies work, and we’ll make sure you’re getting the full advantage of your coverage. If you need more flexible payment options, our team at Ferrari Dental works with multiple financing companies to offer plans that will fit your budget. Don’t have insurance? We have an in-house savings program that provides discounts on most services. No matter what, we’ll help you find a financial plan that will work for you and your family.
Contact Us Today
Imagine how nice it will feel speaking without difficulty, eating your favorite foods once again, and showing off a bright new smile. All of this can be a reality with mini implant dentures. At Ferrari Dental in Montville, NJ, we’re here to guide you through the process of restoring your smile and allowing you to live the life you want. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation. A brighter tomorrow is just a phone call away.